The Mentor program is by far the most intense and thorough training program that Cheri offers. This highly popular program is private and individualized. Cheri evaluates her student’s abilities at the start of the program, and then designs a training protocol based not only on what the student needs to know, but where the student wants to go. Students are immersed in Cheri’s world, receiving hands-on training from day one with multiple dogs with a myriad of issues.
Cheri believes that students learn best by being shown what to do, and then “handing them the leash.” Her philosophy of dog psychology is explained in-depth. Cheri not only encourages questions, but welcomes the opportunity to show students how dogs think, react and behave. There is no such thing as a cookie cutter approach in Cheri’s world. Each dog is an individual. Each of their issues is unique. And each training protocol is designed to help that specific dog.
During Cheri’s Mentor Program, students learn how to walk the walk, and talk the talk. Literally. Each day includes a pack walk that the student will be able to master on his or her own, very early on. The student will learn how to integrate problem dogs into the pack, and control each pack member’s position and potential reactivity along the way.
The student will not only observe, but participate in client consultations, either at her 20-acre ranch or at the client’s home. Cheri believes strongly that dog behavior work requires strong people skills and great communication abilities. The student will see how Cheri handles, instructs, and guides clients. The student will be shown how to handle the client with patience and authentic compassion.
The Mentor Program can be as little as 3 days, or as long as a month. Regardless of the amount of time the student chooses, this course is a game changer. It’s not meant for someone with a casual interest in dog training. Instead, it is designed for the trainer who wants to treat their client’s dog as a whole…to be their client’s “go to” source for everything dog related. And, to see tremendous results that they’ve never been able to achieve before.
In this course you will learn the following, and so much more:
- You will learn what is required to be a dog behaviorist at Cheri’s level.
- You will learn how to walk and lead Cheri’s pack.
- You will learn the philosophies and techniques that have made Cheri a world renowned behaviorist.
- You will learn how to integrate a troubled dog into an existing pack.
- You will learn how to socialize dogs off-leash.
- You will learn how to manage your time and energy to be the most effective with your dogs and your clients.
- You will learn how to develop training programs that take your clientele’s lifestyle into consideration.
- You will learn basic foundational training as well as advanced techniques.
The Mentor Program is Cheri’s most popular offering. Spaces are available for 2019. Contact Cheri’s assistant Holly at [email protected] to book your Mentor Program or for more information!