board & Train
Boot camp is a board and train program for dogs who require more than a private consultation or a group workshop. In some cases, dogs need to be removed from their home environment in order to begin the rehabilitation process. In particular, dogs with dog reactivity or aggression problems benefit greatly by being immersed in an environment with a large pack of balanced, social dogs. Dogs who are candidates for Boot Camp includes dogs that are:
- unruly in the home
- reactive to someone entering the home or knocking at the door
- anxious or nervous around people and/or dogs
- under or unsocialized with people and/or dogs
- suffering with separation anxiety
- aggressive with other dogs
- aggressive with humans
- disrespectful of family members
- destructive and out of control
- non-responsive to commands
- nearly impossible to walk on a leash
Boot camp dogs receive one-on-one training and socializing from dog behaviorist Cheri Lucas each day. Cheri evaluates the dog’s issues and creates a strategy for their behavior rehabilitation. Boot camp dogs integrate into Cheri’s own balanced pack and experience the opportunity to socialize with other members of their own species.
Boot camp dogs stay in Cheri’s home with the rest of her dogs. The day in a life of a boot camp dog involves walking in a pack, doing formal rehabilitation work, socializing and other structured activities.